• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder-Fury Undercard

Here is the rumored PPV undercard for Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury:

Jarrett Hurd vs. Jason Welborn
    Luis Ortiz vs. Travis Kauffman
    Joe Joyce vs. Joe Hanks

I saw Jason Welborn's last fight against Tommy Langford. Good entertaining fight between two evenly matched fighters. However, Hurd is levels above and this should be a mere showcase/tuneup for Hurd.

Ortiz-Kauffman could either end in a very early ko for Ortiz or turn into a lumbering heavyweight fight going the distance.

Joe Joyce is a fast rising heavyweight prospect. He also is on the fast track being 33. Hanks was once a prospect but a couple losses and ring inactivity have derailed his career. On paper, it is a bit of a step up for Joyce. Hanks has been so inactive though that is is tough to get excited about his chances of staying competitive with Joyce.

Obviously, promoters are not banking a strong undercard to sell fans to buy this PPV. One previous rumor had Leo Santa Cruz-Gary Russell Jr. tabbed for this card. But that idea apparently has been shelved and the above fights are what we are looking at as the prelude to Wilder-Fury.

On the bright side, at least we are not getting Chavez Jr.-Angulo on this card though that may be ticketed to the Pac-Broner PPV undercard.

Early KO for Ortiz

Same for Hurd and Joyce

Comment

Also, per Sean Gibbons the following fight will also be on the Wilder-Fury undercard.

Mark Anthony Barriga (9-0, 1 KO) vs. Carlos Licona (13-0, 2 KO's) for the IBF 105 pound crown.

No word on if this will be part of the televised undercard or not. Last I saw Licona, he was being trained by Robert Garcia. Certainly a work in progress to say the least and as his record indicates is not a big puncher. I have not seen Barriga but with one knockout in nine fights it seems to be this fight is one likely headed the distance. If some other fights on the undercard end early (that appears to be a good chance), this may be a good filler bout so we don't have a repeat of what happened on the Canelo-Golovkin II undercard.

Comment

PPV is like the DNC, just walk away and wave goodbye. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Comment

• DEEPWATER3
          DEEPWATER3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bye Bye!

The DNC will never recover- they blew it- acting like Maoโ€™s red guard isnโ€™t convincing many voters.

Iโ€™m in South Korea right now . Pompeo is arriving. He is heading north to meet Kim- inspecting the denuclearization.

Soon after Kim will be in Seoul.

The Korean War is about to be over.

The Clinton crime family is washed up and Obama looks sick and sounds delusional.

Incidentally, originally rumored to be part of the PPV undercard was a featherweight unification bout between Gary Russell Jr. and Leo Santa Cruz. Obviously promoters feel Wilder-Fury sells itself and does not need a strong undercard. As for the proposed Russell-Santa Cruz contest, no word on even if the bout is still being considered at this point.

Speaking of selling itself, any know how ticket sales are going at the moment for Wilder-Fury? There are some stating that sales are not going at a brisk pace at the moment.

Comment

• Kid Blast
          Kid Blast commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't believe it

Not sure why the Fury fight is in Cali. Wilder is not a west coast commodity .
        Fury is going to win and make history

Comment

I am sane.

But these space gypsies . . .

They are real man.

They put something in my ear at night and transmit commands.

Only I can hear it

True.

Know something else . . . .

The quality of Crystal Meth aint what it used to be.

Cheers,

StormCentre.

Comment

Amen Deep, Amen. ๐Ÿ™

Comment

Originally posted by KO Digest View Post
              PPV is like the DNC, just walk away and wave goodbye. ๐Ÿ‘‹
              Huge wins for Republicans! The senate and governors are what is important.
              The house not so much.

1. Mueller is drafting his final report.
              Trump will be cleared.
              The useful ***** protestors in the city last night , rallying for Sessions and Mueller are going to collapse when the Mueller report clears Trump.

2. The corrupt dems are activating antifa communists to attack political opponents shows the desperation.

3. Voter fraud on display for everyone to see.

4.Trump advocates for Pelosi to be leader just caused democrats infighting.

5. Ginsburg retirement eminent in 48-72 hours. Medical reasons. Get well RBG just get out.

6. When Trump and Mr Clean Whitiker release the fisa info a few people in the house will step down some to jail.

Guess who appoints their replacements? The Governors

get the popcorn ready

Comment

Can I please get some extra butter with that?

Comment

Working...
                X