Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Was Fake News Says Mayweather Regarding His Dec. 31 Fight With the Kickboxer

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Was Fake News Says Mayweather Regarding His Dec. 31 Fight With the Kickboxer

This afternoon, Floyd Mayweather Jr. posted this message on his Intagram account:

"First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan. Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the "Rizen Fighting Federation". What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of "One Entertainment" was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee. This exhibition was previously arranged as a "Special Bout" purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide.

"Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately. I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval. For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry. I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions."

Diva behavior. Sickening.

Comment

I am certain this was a publicity stunt all along. There were so many unanswered questions at the press conference to begin with. Canelo has been garnering a lot of headlines and attention in boxing. The ESPN story when Canelo announced his deal with DAZN stated it was the richest guarantee for a professional athlete exceeding the contract of Giancarlo Stanton. Mayweather wanted some attention back his way and to let people know he is still around.

Comment

• Kid Blast
        Kid Blast commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish he would go away. He is not representing his sport in a dignified manner IMO.

Another theory being speculated about on social media is that Mayweather was paid a lot of money to go thru with a press conference with the intent of getting Rizin and Nasukawa worldwide press coverage. Seems like another plausible explanation.

Comment

Funny Money!

Comment

The theory that Mayweather’s involvement was one that was purely commercial that came with the intent of providing Nasukawa/Rizin with advertising coverage is the most likely explanation.

Floyd is making money as a celebrity.

There's nothing wrong with that.

He represents boxing in a far more dignified manner than anyone that has never competed with a pair of gloves that may (or may not) have plagiarized information in relation to it and/or wrote about in a way they can't explain.

I am not surprised the “exhibition bout” has been called off.

After all, no-one could really explain what the rules of the bout were when asked.

And, like;
          A) Floyd was ever going to fight Rizin in a kickboxing contest; he would be destroyed.

B) Rizin was ever going to fight Floyd Rizin in a boxing contest; he would be destroyed.

I am surprised more people were not happy about the fight.

As, it was hypothetically one (provided it was going to be kickboxing) where Floyd could have easily/spectacularly lost.

Cheers,

StormCentre.

Comment

• Kid Blast
            Kid Blast commented
            Editing a comment
            huh??????????????????????

Would it not be nice if Floyd contributed something to help Wilfred Benitez and/or G-Man?. Just a drop in the bucket that would have a great payback in terms of helping with their medical upkeep. And it could be written off of course. It's called "giving back." Roy Jones JR. does it but he does it though very quietly. Now if Floyd could do it, maybe a ripple effect would take place. Then, I could get on the bandwagon instead of "swooning"over his fleet of cars and 16K watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Blast View Post
            Would it not be nice if Floyd contributed something to help Wilfred Benitez and/or G-Man?. Just a drop in the bucket that would have a great payback in terms of helping with their medical upkeep. And it could be written off of course. It's called "giving back." Roy Jones JR. does it but he does it though very quietly. Now if Floyd could do it, maybe a ripple effect would take place. Then, I could get on the bandwagon instead of "swooning"over his fleet of cars and 16K watch.

So utterly clueless.

Perfect example of what I speak of (in my post #49 of your thread "Boxings Best P4P in a Snapshot in Time"). . .
            That this proven consideration is often overlooked so that others can participate in the very same conduct is a remarkable psychological phenomena”.

As, I love the humor and seeing easily how (time and time again) people - and paid writers - will jump to laughable conclusions that are clearly as questionable as they are difficult for them to substantiate. . . . Most independently thinking people - particularly those with experience, knowledge, and the ability to learn - would (prefer to) spend half the energy checking the facts first”.

Ah, excuse me my weightlifting, Lol captioned tractor tyre hugging, plagiarizing, guesswork riddled, PhD friend . . .

Among all Mayweather does for the community/others; he actually paid for both Genaro Hernandez and also Joe Frazier’s funeral.

How dare someone with your questionable credentials, complete absence of real world boxing experience, and track record with unproven claims and eye brow raising reliability, make such a claim about a boxer like Floyd; in your usual *form.

That is *without even checking.

What a disgrace to boxing, Mayweather, Frazier, and also Hernandez.

Therefore, as stated in my above post #6 . . . .

Mayweather represents boxing in a far more dignified manner than anyone that has never competed with a pair of gloves that may (or may not) have plagiarized information in relation to it and/or wrote about in a way they can't explain.

Thanks for proving me correct.

Talk about setting you up for a check left hook; and laughing as you rushed in.

So easy.

Love it.

Kind regards,

Storm(Chief Azz Kicking)Centre.

PS: These fools will believe anything; see below video.

Last edited by StormCentre; 11-09-2018, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X