Rocky Marciano, Gone But Not Forgotten

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Marciano, Gone But Not Forgotten

Rocky Marciano, Gone But Not Forgotten - Former heavyweight champion of the world Rocky Marciano was born on September 1st, 1923 and he passed away in a tragic plane crash on August 31st, 1969. This year, on the 48th anniversary of his death, we look back at his legacy withour analyst Frank Lotierzo.

The year 2017 saw Floyd Mayweather Jrbmoves his record to 50-0. Despite this recent achievement, the legacy of Rocky Marciano stands safe. Check out more of what Lotierzo had to say right here at TBC.

Some overate him and some underrate him....either way Rocky Marciano is truly one of the all-time great heavyweight champs.

Comment

Base of his statue in Brockton a couple months ago.

Comment

OMFG not more of this crap. Can the cracka world please stop bringing up Rocky Marciano. Joe Louis was 146 years old when Marciano beat him. 50-0 is better than 49-0 that is just facts,just like the zeros at the end of Money May's checks are better. Get over yourselves.

Comment

LOLOLOL....you're a boxing encyclopedia and a math scholar! Can you spell? Try Cherry-picker?

Comment

Meet me at the statue we'll talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ko digest View Post
              meet me at the statue we'll talk about it.
              ok-lol

Comment

Frankie, were the Showtime and PPV execs cherry picking? They made Money the man, they gave him everything he asked for in the contract. They even approved the old men you talk about. Come on white people, May aint the devil. And Rocky settles comfortably into the #2 spot, it's alright white people.

Comment

Floyd was a greater match maker than fighter. When it comes to fighting the right guys with a name when they're the least threat...you better believe he is "TBE."

Comment

Most "white people" understand Floyd is likely to come back, likely to eventually lose.

It happens to the best of them, especially egomaniacs like TBE.

Get over your race baiting self.

Comment

KO...I think Floyd is too smart to come back... His skills have really diminished. I think he knows Spence, Thurman and Crawford would beat him convincingly.

Comment

I can not believe my asian eyes. Me race baiter lol after you all do a whole blog on Marciano who is clearly history to Money May. The title should read "Gone, and starting to be forgotten" simply because that is the way it is. DOnt gogetting butt hurt.

Comment

It's the anniversary of Marciano's passing and his birth.....we've already addressed the greatest manager and cherry-picker.

Comment

To define Rocky Marciano’s career, one only needs to know 49-0. That is it. Forty-nine fights, forty-nine wins. No defeats; I repeat, no defeats. He did what he had to do against all the leading opponents of his era:--tough guys like Lastarza, Harry “Kid” Matthews, Carmine Vingo, Rex Layne,Charles, Moore, Walcott, and an aging Louis. Who can argue with his dedication, toughness, ability to impose his will, and ultimate success? He was a relentless brawler who just kept coming, boring in and hurting his opponents with shots to the arm, shoulder, and other exposed parts of the body until they broke down, at which point he would close matters decisively. His record is not open to debate. He did everything he had to do at the time he had to do it, and he did it with a winning percentage of 100 percent!

"I am comfortably fixed, and I am not afraid of the future. No man can say what he will do in the future, but barring poverty, the ring has seen the last of me."

Comment

Go protest a statue Liar.

Comment

Working...
                              X