Bernard Hopkins Talks Canelo vs Triple G

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins Talks Canelo vs Triple G

Bernard Hopkins Talks Canelo vs Triple G - There are a few people who talk boxing and you have to listen, and one of those people is clearly future hall of famer Bernard Hopkins.

Hopkins was in California for Golden Boy Promotions double-header weekend and Hopkins was a constant presence at the pre-fight functions. Hopkins fought for nearly three decades an he has long been partnered with former rival Oscar De La Hoya and the Golden Boy Promotions company. Aside from this weekend's big double-header of fights GBP hs the date of September 16th firmly circled on their calendars as they roll out Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin on HBO pay-per-view.

Bernard Hopkins Talks Canelo vs Triple G

In this latest TBC segment, our roving cameraman Marcelino Castillo caught up with the great Bernard Hopkins and "B-Hop" had the upcoming Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin middleweight showdown on his mind. As one of the greatest middleweights of all-time, Hopkins' insight into the fight is unique and realy is a "must listen." Check out what HOpkins had to say.

Check out more boxing news and features at The Sweet Science, where the best boxing writers write.

What Bernard says is correct.....but it ain't how Canelo fights. He cannot Fight GGG the way Hopkins fought Trinidad.

Comment

He's right about one thing here: Larry Bird

Comment

Okay.....you got me there! Yes, he's right about Larry Bird.

What he said about fighting GGG is on point - the problem is Canelo likes to fight and bang as much as Golovkin. And from the clips I've seen of Canelo training, it looks as if he plans on doing a lot of that!

Comment

Ah that BHOP, always so happy to shine his happy light on white athletes.

Comment

As long as he doesn't leave out the Joe's......Calzaghe & Smith.

Comment

I mean, of course he's talking about the greatness of Larry Bird, duh!

Comment

Working...
              X