Results from Orlando where Jake Paul KOed Andre August in the Opening Round

AcidArne

Administrator
By David A. Avila

It’s all entertainment.

Jake Paul needed less than three minutes to uppercut pro boxer Andre August into never-neverland by knockout on Friday near Disneyworld.

It wasn’t entertaining for fallen fighter August.

Paul (8-1, 5 KOs) walked into Caribe Royale Orlando in Florida and delivered on a promise to stop cruiserweight prospect August (10-2-1, 5 KOs) in the first round.

Mission accomplished.

“I told you all week I was going to knock him out in one,” said Paul.

Looking to keep active and to perhaps keep the cash flowing into Most Valuable Promotions, the 26-year-old Paul returned to the prize ring for the third time this year and promptly and emphatically ended the fight on a single punch.

No need to count.

Paul looked the most comfortable since he first entered pro boxing and when he connected with a long left jab that froze August, a long right uppercut followed and sneaked through the guard and down he went at 2:32 of the first round.

“I’m silencing the critics,” said Paul who this past summer defeated MMA star Nate Diaz and earlier in the year lost by decision to Tommy Fury. “All I wanted to do was give a knockout for Christmas.”

Paul said he’s ready to fight any more boxing prospects to prove his legitimacy.

“I got smoke for them,” Paul said.

Women’s Title Fight

Despite being a 7 to 1 underdog, Franchon Crews-Dezurn (9-2, 2 KOs) reclaimed the WBC super middleweight world title by unanimous decision over Shadasia Green (13-1, 11 KOs)..

“I want to give a shout out to Shadasia and her team,” said Crews-Dezurn. “She’s an incredible fighter.”

It was a clash that Crews-Dezurn turned into trench warfare with Green forced to battle inside. If she was looking for a technical match, Crews-Dezurn took that option away for most of the 10 rounds.

Green seemed uncomfortable in the clinch-and-punch scenario, and allowed Crews-Dezurn to out-punch her in almost every round. Though neither fighter was ever hurt much, the former champion Crews-Dezurn used her experience to take away the vaunted power of Green.

Green did connect a few times, but Crews-Dezurn bore right through the blows and simply out-punched the less experienced fighter.

After 10 rounds the judges scored it 97-93 twice and 98-92 all for Crews-Dezurn who reclaims the WBC super middleweight title she lost to Savannah Marshall five months ago.

“Shout out to Savannah Marshall who was rooting for me,” Crews-Dezurn said. “We can punch each other’s lights out, but overall we have the same struggles.”

Crews-Dezurn gets back one of her titles.

Other Bouts

A super welterweight clash between Cubans saw Yoenis Tellez (7-0, 6 KOs) knock out Livan Navarro (15-2, 9 KOs) in the final round.

Tellez found Navarro to be tougher than expected and it almost went all 10 rounds until the younger Tellez connected with a perfect counter left hook to the chin that ended the night for Navarro.

“I’d like to thank my opponent. It was a victory for all Cuban boxing,” said Tellez who hails from Santiago, Cuba. “We’re both from the same boxing school and what a great fight.”

Lorenzo Medina (9-0, 8 KOs) slugged it out against Joshua Temple (12-3, 10 KOs) before ending the fight with a flurry by technical knockout in the sixth and final round of a heavyweight clash. The fight was stopped 29 seconds into the final round.

Back